Having your own segment on an internet radio show is a great way to let people know who you are and what you do. I have just started doing weekly shows on Blog Talk Radio, and I can tell you that it is a unique way to find new prospects and clients while building your list. If you think you may be interested in hosting your own show, here are some suggestions that will make it work for you.
- Register for an account and spend some time getting to know how the system works. You don’t want to have to be looking for what you need when your segment is about to begin.
- Commit to do a show each week at the same time for the next four weeks. Blog Talk Radio allows you to book for up to a month in advance. This will give people an opportunity to listen to what you have to say and get to know you. You want to develop a following and this is the best way to let people know what time your show will be so that they can plan ahead.
- Use your keywords in your title and description of what your show will be about. This will make it much easier for anyone who is searching for information on your topic.
- Make a short outline and some notes to use during your segment. This will make it easier for you to deliver your information to your audience.
- Be sure to give your name and website or blog address at the beginning and end of your segment. Speak slowly and spell any words that may be difficult for your listeners.
Over time people will look forward to your show and listen to it regularly. They will be able to ask you questions and contact you later for more information. Internet radio gives you the opportunity to market to your niche audience in a new and unique way.