This most recent podcast is a discussion of doing what it takes to be successful in business and in life. This conversation comes from my upcoming book, entitled Doing What It Takes. Here are some of the points I explain in great detail:
- Take full responsibility for everything that happens in your life. This was a big one for me, as I was coming from the “victim” mentality for so many years. To finally embrace the belief that I had been and continue to be responsible for everything in my life rattled my core values and beliefs in a life altering way.
- Feel the fear and do it anyway. Now this is the title of an excellent book first published in 1987 by Susan Jeffers, and the concept would be expanded upon by Shad Helmstetter, in his book What To Say When You Talk To Yourself a few years later. For years I believed that if you were honestly afraid of something you had two choices. One was to get as far away from it as possible and the other was to grit your teeth, squint your eyes, and try to get it over with as quickly as possible. Now I choose to face the fear, verbalize what I am feeling internally, move towards and through the experience, and observe the shift that occurs as I get closer to it becoming part of who I am.
- Be willing to die for the truth. This comes from an inspirational talk by actor and producer Will Smith where he discusses how no one could ever surpass him in a treadmill competition because he would be willing to drop dead of a heart attack rather than to jump off while the other person is still on the machine. Now this may sound very dramatic, but the point is a valid one.
- Get ready to do the work and make things happen. When the film The Secret was released in 2006 I was at the very beginning of my journey as an online entrepreneur. I absolutely adored the idea of being able to think about what I wanted in my life and to know it was on its way to my doorstep. Then the reality set in that I had to actually take massive action and I loved that concept even more. Why? Because I knew that few people would be willing to do the work it would take for them to achieve even the smallest of their goals. Do the work, stay focused and productive, and you will be far ahead of almost everyone else.
- Abandon the notion of needing to know all of the steps and pieces up front before you can surge forward. You only need to know the relevant and tangible pieces of any project at the very beginning. This applies to most things in life.
- Know that the resistance is coming. Accept and embrace this as a part of the process of changing your life and becoming a successful entrepreneur. This feeling is more than likely going to be a physical one, so you’ll have to experience the discomfort a few times before recognizing it for what it is. For me, it’s a feeling deep in the pit of my stomach. In the beginning I thought I was either hungry or had a stomach ache. Once I identified it as resistance to change or action related to my business I simply acknowledged it and moved on.
- “Not feeling like it” will never be a reason not to accomplish even the smallest task or goal. When I first heard others saying they did not do what they had intended to do or what was expected of them because they just didn’t feel like doing it I was dumbstruck. If you find yourself feeling this way, simply give it a moment and do it anyway. When I need to write a new sales letter for a product or training course or live event I usually don’t feel like doing it, but that has never stopped me from completing the task at hand and getting on with it.
- There probably isn’t a blueprint for exactly what you wish to achieve as an entrepreneur. Accept and embrace this as a challenge to develop your own blueprint over time as you learn more, implement what you are learning, and experience various levels of success.
Think about each of these points, listen to the podcast, and then comment below. I would love to hear your thoughts on these ideas and concepts.
Are you ready to be surprised? Recently, I have introduced a new feature during these podcast training calls. I will always have the latest course or program, either one of my own or one offered by someone I highly recommend, at my Surprise! link. Check it out today and see what I am recommending this week. If it’s not my own program, product, course, or live event then it’s always from someone I know, trust, and highly recommend as a great value to you as an online entrepreneur.
I certainly hope these affiliate marketing tips will be beneficial to you as you grow your business. Online entrepreneurship is most definitely a worthwhile goal.
Are you already a part my list community and receiving my daily email updates and training? If not, please give me your first name and primary email address in the form on the right-hand side of this site. If you are brand new to my podcasts, you will be interested to know that this specific training call, as well as all of the calls in my podcast series is intended to teach you and other new online entrepreneurs how to take your business to the next level quickly and effectively, and as a way for me to share my exact methods, techniques, Case Studies, secrets, and advice on creating a profitable and lucrative online business using the ‘multiple income streams’ approach. People on six continents have now discovered that starting an Internet business is the very fastest way to achieve both time and financial freedom, as well as to great success in all areas of your life, and you need help to get there quickly. That’s why I started this online marketing tips podcast for my community.
You will see that each podcast session is first recorded live as a teleseminar, and then repurposed into a podcast to extend my reach to the world. Please join my list (opt in on the right) to be included on these calls, and be sure to introduce yourself and share your site for optimal exposure for years to come! Also, check out my Podcast Show Notes site to see how you can subscribe at no cost to both of my podcasts, and please leave me a review on one or both of them if you are so inclined.
If you would like to get started earning income online right away then I recommend affiliate marketing as the stream of income that will allow you to “earn while you learn” You may now pick up my popular training on winning affiliate contests and other online marketing tips for only seven dollars at Affiliate Contest Secrets. This training regularly sells for $27. Use the discount code CONTEST to bring the price down to $7. This training has been completely updated for 2016 with the latest information, strategies, and Case Studies for you to use in your own business.
Please be sure to leave your comments below so that I may get to know you better and to serve you as you continue your journey as an online entrepreneur. Getting started with an online business will change your life forever and my reward is your massive success!