All writing starts with an idea. You think of something and the next thing you know you have decided to write about it. But how do you know if this idea will make for a good ebook? Here is how to get started with your writing idea:
- Keep a spiral bound notebook to write down your ideas. Make lists of things that you would include in your ebook, if you were to write one.
- Research your topic thoroughly. See which words best describe what you are writing about. These words and phrases are your keywords and will play an important role in what you write.
- Use some of the free online tools to see how many people are searching for those keywords. That will give you an idea if there is a market for the information you want to write about.
- Write some short articles on your topic. Use your keywords in the article titles and in the body of the article. Limit these articles to three hundred words maximum. Submit them to article directories and see how many people are interested in reading them.
- Start a blog on your topic. Make a short post as often as you can that gives a tip or some other information about what you will be writing about in your ebook.
- Begin to build a list of people who are interested in finding out more about your area of knowledge. Stay in touch with these people by email and through your blog.
After a few short weeks you will have a very good idea if this is right for you. If it is, come join us in the Ebook Writing Course.