Article writing and marketing will increase your visibility on the internet as well as help you to build your list and get more traffic to your website or blog. But what you may not know is that article writing can be done by anyone. If you have the desire to write and publish short articles, here are 7 steps to writing a compelling article.
- Decide what the point of your article will be. You will want to share some important information with your readers or teach them how to do something. Write a keyword rich title that will make them feel like they must read your article to find out more.
- Write a one or two sentence summary that tells the reader what they should expect to learn if they read your article.
- Make some notes about what you will include in your article. Make a list of tips or main ideas that you will write about.
- Write a short introduction to your article. Tell your readers what they will learn or gain by reading what you are writing.
- Discuss your tips or main ideas. Give examples or tell a story so that your readers will stay interested and engaged while they are reading.
- After you have given the tips or main ideas, bring your article to a close. It does not have to be a hard ending, but should instead leave the reader wanting to know more about your topic.
- Include a resource box at the very end of your article where you invite the reader to come back to your website or blog. You may include your name, but it is more important to offer something of value to give the readers a reason to find out more about you and what you have to offer them in the futures.
By following these 7 steps you will have many readers for your article. They will feel like they have spent their time wisely by reading what you have written and you will have many people who visit your website or blog, wanting to know more.