Even though it isn’t time for my Tuesday technology tip, I wanted to share this information with you. When you make a post to your blog these days, it is likely to appear in many more places than just on your blog. This is all thanks to the magic of syndication, which basically means that your content can be delivered to different sites in various places, giving you massive exposure all over the internet. Here are some ways for you to get started so that you can use the power of syndication to gain more visibility on the internet.
- Accept the fact that Web 2.0 is a reality and here to stay. I like to define this phenomenon as the ability for people to finally be part of the conversation online, and to choose what information they want to receive, in contrast to interruption marketing, where we were all at the mercy of those who wanted to contact us without our permission.
- Start an account on Twitter right away. Look for people who have similar interests to yours to follow in the beginning, and then see what happens.
- Open up an account on Facebook. Here you will be able to link your blog to your profile through an RSS (really simple syndication) feed, so that every time you post to your blog the content in the post will show on your homepage. This will help even more people to find you and see what you are doing online.
- Go to Twitterfeed and get started there. This site enables you to connect your blog to your Twitter account. Every time you post, a link to this post will appear in the Twitter stream, and your information will be exposed to even more people.
- If you submit articles to EzineArticles article directory, add the Twitter application on your author profile page. Each time an article of yours is published, Twitter will automatically tweet the link to this new article.
- Think globally. Whereas in the past you could only reach people in a small geographic area, your prospects are now citizens of the world. Embrace this idea and build your online business accordingly.
Your blog is a precious business tool that will enable you to reach more people than you can possibly imagine. Add these web 2.0 applications to the mix and your business and visibility will skyrocket.