Make writing your eBook a priority in your life. Finding the time to write your eBook may simply be a matter of time management. Time is the great equalizer; no matter who you are or who you know, we all have the same 24 hours each day. It is up to us how we use this precious time. Here is the way I took a look at my time and found a way to write for about two hours each day. I have written about time management for writers before on this blog.
- First, make the decision to do it. If you want to write articles, post to a blog, or write an eBook, tell yourself and others about it.
- Write it down where you can see it every day. Have a visual reminder can make a big difference in your results.
- Write in fifteen minute increments. I find that I can write for fifteen minutes without editing what I have just written. After I have done this for two or three fifteen minute periods, I go back and take a closer look at my writing.
- Whether you work from home or are at a traditional job each day, schedule time for yourself that can be used for writing. Even when I was still teaching in the classroom, I wrote for fifteen minutes each morning before school began, and again in the afternoon when everyone else had gone home. That gave me 30 minutes of writing before four in the afternoon.
- Turn off your television! If you think you must see a program, record it and watch it later without the commercials. If time management is an issue for you, the television has no part in your life.
- Schedule blocks of time to write, like you would set any other appointment.
By making your writing a priority in your daily life, you will accomplish your goals and get your eBook written.