While you are writing your ebook you may find it helpful to become part of a mastermind group. A mastermind consists of several people, three to six is usually good, who meet regularly to discuss their thoughts, hopes, and dreams. The group can be diverse or similar, depending on your preferences. These groups can be invaluable in helping you to accomplish your goals. Here are 7 suggestions for getting the most out of your mastermind sessions.
- Make sure the focus and purpose of the mastermind is clear from the very beginning.
- Give each person an opportunity to share and ask questions at each mastermind mind.
- Give constructive feedback to the person who needs help with whatever they are currently working on. If you are discussing your ebook, print out a small section for each of the members to be able to read in advance.
- Assign one person as the leader of the mastermind; this can even be someone not officially part of the group.
- Meet once a week if possible. Masterminds can be done entirely over the phone to make it possible to include people from various places in the world.
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the mastermind and stay true to the focus and intentions of the members.
- Listen fully to what each person says when you present your information to them
Masterminds have been known to be very powerful in developing your thoughts and setting a course of action over time. Choose the members of your group wisely and hold each other accountable for your success. Whether or not you succeed with your writing or anything else you do will be based on the action you take, so use the mastermind process to assist you in your actions.