You may want to know what I am thinking about when I decide to promote a product or course to you. I make roughly half of my income with affiliate marketing, so I am asked regularly to promote the products and services of others doing business online. First of all, I only promote things I have used personally and have benefited from, but there is much more to it than that.
There are other criteria I think about when deciding who to promote. It seems that there are only a handful of marketers who actually ‘get it’.
- Offer exceptional products, ones that I am proud to recommend and those that will benefit the people I am sharing them with.
- Pay me on time, and in the correct amount. Believe it or not, there are some pretty big names who do not pay their affiliates, or if they do, the amount is always incorrect. The people I promote do not have this problem, and I refuse to recommend anyone who does. It is simply not acceptable.
- Let me know when I have made a sale, how much I’ve earned, and who made the purchase. This helps me with my records.
- Let me know when you are starting your next course or have a new product. That way I can decide if my people will be interested in the topic and, if so, add it to my marketing calendar.
- Provide me with the tools to do my job as an affiliate. Give me a choice of banner ads, tweets, articles, and anything else you have.
- Continue to offer the very best of what you do online, so we can both be proud to be a part of the online marketing community and the affiliate marketing model.
With this said, there are some people who do an excellent job with this. They are also people I continue to learn from to build my online empire. Marlon Sanders is a consummate professional, and his Big Ticket Dashboard will change everything you do as a newer online entrepreneur.
Nicole Dean and Melissa Ingold have upped the game when it comes to creating private label rights content for coaches in all areas.
And Dennis Becker continues to rock my world with his simple, yet quite effective “Five Bucks a Day” training.
I’m an affiliate for all three of these savvy marketers and entrepreneurs and continue to earn income from them every single month.
There are others who also do an excellent job of working with their affiliates, but these three stand out in my mind. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this topic. You may also be interested in my Really Simple Affiliate Marketing training course at:
I’m Online Marketing Strategist and Bestselling Author Connie Ragen Green, and I would love to connect with you to help you to build your lucrative online business. Opt in to my list on the right and you can get started right away with affiliate marketing, information product creation, and so much more.