You may want to know what I am thinking about when I decide to promote a product or course to you. I make roughly half of my income with affiliate marketing, so I am asked regularly to promote the products and services of others doing business online. First of all, I only promote things I have used personally and have benefitted from, but there is much more to it than that.
There are other criteria I think about when decising who to promote. It seems that there are only a handful of marketers who actually ‘get it’.
- Pay me on time, and in the correct amount. Believe it or not, there are some pretty big names who do not pay their affiliates, or if they do, the amount is always incorrect. The people I promote do not have this problem, and I refuse to recommend anyone who does. It is simply not acceptable.
- Let me know when I have made a sale, how much I’ve earned, and who made the purchase. This helps me with my records.
- Let me know when you are starting your next course or have a new product. That way I can decide if my people will be interested in the topic.
- Provide me with the tools to do my job as an affiliate. Give me a choice of banner ads, tweets, articles, and anything else you have.
- Continue to offer the very best of what you do online, so we can both be proud to be a part of internet marketing
With this said, there are some people who do an excellent job with this. They are also people I continue to learn from to build my online empire. Christina Hills is a consummate professional, and her program on website creation is superb. I have taken the course twice now, and will start again when she offers it this week.I’m not sure what she’s doing this time, but I was able to return after signing up originally a year ago. Jeanette Cates has been an excellent friend and mentor to me. You’ll want to sign up as her affiliate to see how it should be done. Armand Morin is like a brother to me, even though he may not think of it that way. I’m sure his brain is twice the size of mine, but he still treats me with the respect a fmaily member would give someone. His free newsletter is breaking all kinds of records online and is worth reading from electronic cover to cover.
There are others who also do an excellent job of working with their affiliates, but these three stand out in my mind. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this topic.