Getting started online is the toughest part, I believe. There is so much to learn and so many people giving you their input. Remember that you must sell something in order to make money, and I still teach that affiliate marketing is the very fastest and best way to do this. This enables you to make some money while you are spending time figuring out exactly what you will offer others with your own products and services. Here is my list of the 10 steps to take to start building your online business.
- Choose a niche to work in. You don’t have to stay in this area forever, but commit to building it up for 6 full months so you can make some money.
- Do some keyword research to see which phrases people use when they are searching for your topic.
- Start a blog on your niche topic. Give excellent information in each post so readers will find value in what you have to say.
- Set up an opt in page to start building a list. Offer a free report or checklist to those who sign up.
- Find some affiliate products to promote. These must make sense to your market. If your niche is organization for your business, don’t promote products on how to hold teleseminars. You get the picture.
- Write some articles on your topic to start finding qualified leads. The articles will bring you readers from around the world.
- Get involved with Twitter and Facebook. Interact with others and get the word out about what you do. We tend to be secluded when we work from our computers, so use social networking to fill that void and meet new people.
- Hold teleseminars where you can talk about your topic. Again, give people your very best information.
- Be persistent. Don’t give up. Most people quit in the first three months, so don’t be like most people.
- Create your own products and services. I have put this at the end of the list because that is where I believe it belongs. By doing everything else on this list, you will then know exactly what your market wants from you.
I hope this is helpful. Take it day by day and move forward with your business. Building an online business is definitely worthwhile, so learn as much as you can while you are taking action.