Organic Traffic Tips That Work
You create a website to share your knowledge and experience. You develop great content for it. Organic traffic trickles in but you expected a lot more. Where are all the people and why aren’t they coming to the site? Don’t be discouraged. You just entered a new stage of your business development. It’s time to direct and drive traffic to your site. However, you don’t want just any traffic. You want targeted traffic.
What is targeted organic traffic? It’s targeted traffic is the portion of traffic that is a part of your target market and arrives at your site due to marketing strategies and offers crafted specifically to grab their attention. These are people who come to your website as a result of unpaid search results. These pre-qualified visitors can turn into leads, which can turn into buyers, then become repeat buyers, and ultimately turn into loyal customers.
Here are 10 Website Organic Traffic Ideas to Help You Reach Your Target Market and Your Monetization Goals:
- Don’t be afraid of learning SEO. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the art of raising your position on search engine results pages (SERPs) by using specific strategies, techniques, and tactics. The higher you are on the results page, the higher your ranking is and the more targeted leads you’ll get.
- Create interactive blog posts and encourage commenting on your blog – Content is king, queen, and everything else royal these days. Your content needs to be interactive. Ask questions that allude to a problem and its solution. For example, a life coach that wants to find readers who need more money and a positive mindset could create a blog post asking something like, “How Are Negative Thoughts Limiting Your Paycheck?” Readers who can relate, that is those that have negative thoughts and want more money will click through to find out more.
- Create a Facebook group – When you create a FB group related to your business, you are essentially creating a community where people with similar interests can interact with you and each other. We all talk about how busy our lives are but we often find time to “wind down” or “start the day” with social media interaction. A Facebook group can be a great way to find new leads and connect with existing customers.
- Get a good pop-up for email capture – Having a good pop-up email capture in place can literally make the difference between being forgotten and making multiple sales. Since pop-ups can be annoying, especially if not used properly, it’s important to choose a pop-up that has a variety of options and features. When you have more control of how, when, and where the pop-up appears, you can gently remind your reader to sign up for your offer. Remember, your visitor comes for info. If the pop-up covers up or restricts viewing the info before they know it’s good, they may just leave the page, never to return. Use pop-ups wisely.
- Create a special report – A free, special report about the most common problems your readers face will likely attract the right traffic. In exchange for signing up and giving you their email addresses, you will give them the free report. Once they are on the list, you can market to them via email providing more info and relative offers. I refer to my special reports as “Focus Guides” and you may download one of these here.
- Run a contest or sweepstakes – Before you create a contest or run a sweepstakes, be sure to know the difference both professionally and legally. Every state has its own rules when it comes to what differentiates the two. However, a properly run and executed sweepstakes or contest can bring in loads of traffic and plenty of new list sign ups. Consider hosting these several times a year rather just during the traditional “holiday season.” I have a modified version of this strategy with my Super Summer Giveaway site and giveaway.
- Create a forum – Creating a forum is a great way to build a sense of community. People can give advice, opinions, and input on your content as well as support each other. This is also a great way for you to get to know your audience. Listen carefully to what they say and what they don’t say. Keep members active and involved by asking open-ended questions and sharing your thoughts. Instead of starting my own forum I decided early on to join Dennis Becker’s Earn 1K a Day Forum. I estimate that my relationships within this group add six figures a year to my online business. I highly recommend that you consider coming aboard to build your business as well.
- Include keywords throughout your site – If you are not familiar with keywords, the best place to start is with a good keyword tool. There are many out there. Some site owners prefer Wordtracker while others like to use SEO Book or Google Suggest. Try out several to decide what features you want and which tool works best for your bottom line. For example, within this blog post I am optimizing for the phrase “organic traffic” by using these words strategically.
- Participate on social media platforms – If you haven’t jumped on the social media bandwagon, it’s time. The old adage, “Out of sight, out of mind,” applies when it comes to social media. Be active and involved. You need to pay your dues by liking and sharing posts as well as by leaving some words of encouragement on others’ timelines. Following people on Twitter or liking their Facebook Pages will return to you tenfold when it comes to organic traffic.
- Use StumbleUpon – StumbleUpon is a social network, which acts as a type of search engine called a discovery engine. It uses individual readers’ preferences, likes, and dislikes, etc., to tailor search results by finding or discovering even the more obscure content the reader wants and likes. This network is popular among marketers for a variety of reasons, which include the ability to rate posts, share pictures, and add videos too.
Targeted organic traffic is valuable in that it will continue to bring you visitors, prospects, and clients long after you have created and set up your original content. What questions may I answer for you on this topic?
I’m author and online marketing strategist Connie Ragen Green. I work with entrepreneurs to create multiple streams of online income and would love to connect with you. Pick up my Online Entrepreneur’s Blueprint and get started right away.