Most of you know that I have more than a dozen blogs. No, I don’t post to each one every day. Yes, they are all on different topics in various niches. Three of them are for small businesses that I market for.
The biggest question I get is regarding where I come up with fresh ideas and new content for each blog. The simple answer is that I always have my eyes and ears open. I read other blogs and subscribe to many email newsletters. I listen to other people’s teleseminars. I read articles online that are related to my topics. The end result is that I will never run out of things to write. You can do the same thing and position yourself as an expert in the process. Here are some suggestions for better blogging:
- Spend time researching your topic, both online and off.
- Read everything you can on your topic.
- Read other blogs and leave comments when you have something to add to the conversation.
- Google your topic and visit the sites that come up. Don’t just visit the ones on page 1 and 2 of Google; go to page 10 and see what gems you can find.
- Love your topic and be passionate about it. It will show in your writing.
- Be thankful that you have the opportunity to express yourself freely on your blog. Just 5 years ago, blogs were in their infancy. Now they are among the most powerful and influential sources of information the world has ever known.