Traffic Tips That Make Sense
Traffic tips for entrepreneurs, both online and offline continue to be popular. Why? Because we all need a steady stream of fresh and returning traffic in order to rank in the search engines and keep our businesses moving in the right direction. Let’s discuss this in greater detail.
Getting traffic to your site isn’t difficult. Search engines can do a lot of the work for you. However, the key to getting the right traffic is to make effective use of search engines and other options available to you. Here are some winning website traffic tips to help you reach your target market and your goals.
My Favorite Traffic Tips
- Create a webinar – Offer a webinar that shows or explains how to do something in a different way. You can offer valuable tools, tips, advice, and teachings through your webinar. You can also turn the webinar into a paid product for those who were unable to attend.
- Create a tutorial – Nothing beats a great tutorial to reach your target audience. You can begin with a teaser alert telling your mailing list readers that you will be working on a tutorial for them. Send another email announcing that in two weeks the tutorial will be ready. Send out emails with dates and times to have readers sign up. Limit the special offer by time or number to create a sense of urgency.
- Create plenty of How-to Posts – Millions of people search the internet with the words “How to” in front of their search. How to posts will bring targeted traffic to your website with people searching for that very same query.
- Add graphs and pie charts go guides – More technical web users want to find out information but want it in the form of a comprehensive guide. Include graphs and pie charts to squash any fears, doubts, or insecurities they may have.
- Post an opinion post/ask for comments – Don’t be afraid to be a little bit controversial in your posts. Leave a comment on your own post that has a strong opinion and is possibly controversial to draw comments from readers who may have a different point of view or angle. Get people talking on your site.
- Create a frequently asked questions section – Many web surfers, especially the more experienced surfers, look for, and actually expect websites to have a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section. Creating a thorough FAQ encourages these viewers to come back repeatedly because you offer them easy-to-find, accurate information. Since FAQs often contain a question, search engines are also likely to index these sections, making you the “go-to” site on specific topics.
- Offer hacks on topics of interest – People love short cuts or hacks. Create posts on how to use topic related hacks to make life easier for your target market. You may be surprised how many people use the word, “hack” when doing a search for your topics.
- Create a free printable worksheet to visitors – After explaining an advanced or confusing concept, offer visitors a printable worksheet or checklist related to the concept. This strategy is especially beneficial to you if you offer product report packages that also contain worksheets. The visitor gets to see just how much product worksheets can help them, while search engines index the download page. With very little effort on your part, you may find that your free-to-visitor worksheet goes viral and attracts a lot of traffic.
- Give homework and request comments – Ask your readers to try a “solution” or “strategy” and let you know how it worked for them. If it worked, ask what they liked best about it. If it didn’t work, ask what they suggest to make it better. Encourage your readers to share their thoughts and opinions. When you actively listen to your audience and people feel that they matter, not only will they come back but also they will bring their friends with them.
- Create coupon codes – Everybody loves coupons and deals. They also love to tell others about their good fortune. When a visitor gets a great deal, bragging rights come next. The more the visitor has to brag about the more targeted traffic you will receive. Create coupon codes that members can share with their friends. Don’t forget to make things easy for mobile users by using a QR code too.
- Create a top 10 list of most important skills to have on the subject – Create a top 10 list of the most important skills your reader should have on a particular subject. Sometimes they just want a quick fix and need a little hope that there is a solution for what they consider their problem.
Do you need more traffic tips? These winning website traffic ideas can help you usher your targeted traffic straight to you website. Use them one at a time to test the results or combine the ideas to meet your specific goals.
In order to get the best results, give it some time and be patient. Find what works best for you and most importantly for your customer, the results will follow.
You will also want to read this article I wrote about targeted traffic blog tips that work effectively for your blog and other sites. These traffic tips make sense.
I’m author and online marketing strategist Connie Ragen Green. I work with entrepreneurs to create multiple streams of online income and would love to connect with you. Pick up my Online Entrepreneur’s Blueprint and get started right away.