Many of you know that I was the person who wrote 100 articles in 100 days last spring. I have continued to write every day since then and currently have more than 550 articles published online. Article writing is the very fastest and easiest way to promote yourself and your business. It will also take many articles for this to happen for you. The best way to get started with writing articles is to make this writing fun and something you look forward to doing on a regular basis. Here is how I am able to write at least one article every single day.
- I keep a spiral bound notebook with me at all times. I have one in my purse, another one in my car, and a third one in my home office. Whenever I have an idea for an article I jot down some notes about it.
- I build on these notes by making a list of tips, or ideas, that I will want to share with the people who will read my article. I try to make an important point in each article so the reader will feel they have learned something useful by reading it.
- Each morning I open my notebook and choose one of the ideas that I began the day or week before. I may do some research online or look through a book in my home library before I actually begin to write.
- Then I write my article straight through from beginning to end. I do not want to lose my train of thought while I am writing or I may forget an important element that I wish to include in my writing.
- I then read the article out loud to see how it sounds. This is when I go back and make some small changes before running a spell check and saving it to a folder on my hard drive.
- The next step is to submit this article to Ezine Articles, the largest article directory in the world. I know that more people will be able to find my article if I submit it to this directory.
- After my article is published and has been available to others for a week, I check to see how many people have read it, compare to my other articles. I want to know if my title needs to be changed, or if I have done something to make this title even more appealing to readers.
These 7 steps have helped me to write more than 550 articles during my first year as an article writer. These articles have built an online business for me, where I am able to work from home and spend more time with my family. I encourage you to write articles to build or boost your business, and to enjoy every minute of writing. Sign up for my free weekly teleseminars to learn more. You can also download two free article writing templates by visiting this site.