Just as you wouldn’t take off on a long driving trip without a map, you shouldn’t start writing an eBook without a plan. Many people make huge profits from their eBooks while others never make a dime. The difference? It’s all in the road map you plan out for your online writing business. Here are some tips on how to make sure you make a profit with your eBook.
- Research your market thoroughly before you start writing. You need to know if there are enough people interested in your topic before you spend valuable time writing it. Give your market what it wants, not what you think it needs.
- Make an outline for your eBook and stick to it. Divide your outline into 6-8 chapters and make notes for what you will include in each chapter.
- Start a blog on your topic and post to it regularly as you are writing your eBook. Typepad is an easy to use, inexpensive blogging platform that can be started in less than a hour.
- Write articles on your topic and submit them to the largest article directories. You can repurpose the information you are writing about into articles and blog posts as you are working on your eBook. You will be able to see how many people read your articles and gage the interest in the topic you are writing about.
- Put up an opt-in page where people can leave their name and email address in exchange for an audio recording or short report on your topic. The people who sign up on your list will be potential buyers for your eBook when it is completed.
- Learn something about pay-per-click advertising. This is a way to get instant visitors to your blog or website. When you learn how to use it to your advantage you will see that it can make you lots of profit on your eBook.
- Visit forums and other social media sites to let people know who you are and what you are writing about. This will help you to gain credibility over time.
Never give up with this plan. It works if you spend the time and effort to get started. You will need to work hard during the first month or so to get the ball rolling and then momentum will keep the ball rolling. There are more than one billion people on the internet – many of them will be interested in what you have to say.