Visibility Tips and Increasing Your Credibility
The competition may seem fierce when you’re starting out in the world of business, so spending the time to increase and build your visibility and credibility is crucial to your success. Here are some methods, techniques, and strategies on how to do this in a way that will serve you as you work to achieve your goals as an online entrepreneur. The visibility tips will particularly serve you well.
- Blog regularly, and by this I mean twice a week during your first year online. This allows your site to become what we refer to as an “authority site”, where people will be able to find it more easily and refer to what you share when they are searching for more information.
- Use social media strategically – like I say regularly, you’ll want to “get in, get out, and get back to work!” when it comes to social media. I regularly see people involved in discussions on Facebook that would be some much better as blog posts and comments. Have a presence on the main social media sites (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, and YouTube) but commit to spending no more than fifteen minutes on any day in total on these sites.
- Host a podcast – I’ve hosted two podcasts for almost five years now. The results have been nothing short of miraculous and I continue to connect with even more people who resonate with my message in this way.
- Start a YouTube channel – my channel is one I refer to as a “lifestyle” channel in that I mainly post and share videos of my travels around the world and the lifestyle I am able to enjoy because of my online business.
- Write a book on your topic – I know this may sound like a huge undertaking, but the truth is that becoming a writer will serve you well as an online entrepreneur. My first book came about in 2010 when I repurposed fifty blog posts and then added additional content. Now I write every single day and have published fourteen books on various aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Think about your offline connections and reach out to them regularly – Please do not be shy when it comes to building relationships for your business. We are isolated much of the time because of the very nature of how we do business on the Internet, so connecting with others is valuable for so many reasons.
When people tell me they see me “everywhere” on the Internet a huge grin comes across my face. That is exactly the goal I have in mind, so a validation that what I am doing and teaching is working pleases me to no end. These credibility and visibility tips work.
Go through the bullet points I’ve included above and make a list of the ones you will commit to implementing now and which ones you will work on over time. I promise you that this is all much easier and simpler than it may seem, and once you get started you will be amazed at how quickly your results come about. The people who rise to success most quickly have mastered the art of gaining credibility and increasing visibility on a daily business and you can learn to do that as well.
My YouTube channel is a joy for me to maintain. I record short videos in locations all over the world, as well as in Santa Barbara. You can see what I’m doing (and please subscribe to my channel!) at https://www.youtube.com/c/connieragengreen and watch some of my videos to get ideas for your own channel. In the image above you can see that I had recently been spending time with my family in Finland.
What other visibility tips and credibility techniques are working well for you?