I recently spoke with one of my students about building her online business. My teaching is based on the 5 Pronged Approach, so I took a look at what she had been doing during the past year in each of these areas. You will experience the best results by using all of the 5 prongs simultaneously.
- Blogging – Set up a blog on your niche topic and post at least 2 to 3 times a week. Include links to other blog posts, book reviews, and valuable information that your reader can put into action immediately. This will establish both credibility and visibility for you in your niche.
- Article Marketing – Write articles on your topic and submit them to both Ezine Articles and Article Marketer’s free site. Write at least 3 articles each week for best results. At the end of each article, include a link back to your blog.
- Teleseminars and Internet Radio – Host one call each week, even if no one is on the calls in the very beginning. I use Instant Teleseminar, and offer training to anyone who has signed up through me. Start a free account over at Blog Talk Radio, and do a 15 or 30 minute sedment each week in order to reach an entirely new group of people.
- Social networking – Maintain a presence on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, but do not spend all of your time there. Connect with people who are interested in your topic, and then invite them to opt in to your list. This will be the best way to market to them over the long run. Follow me on Twitter @ConnieGreen.
- Create your own product – Affiliate marketing can be extremely lucrative, but once you have your own product you will be seen as more of an expert in your field. Use your articles and blog posts to put together an eBook and workbook, and then include audio to create a product that you can sell for at least $97.
This is how to lay the foundation for your online business using my 5 Pronged Approach. Continue to do this and you will have a profitable business that will continue to grow over time.