Repurpose your content by using the same information and delivering it in many different ways. Repurposing has been around for many years. If you have ever purchased the paperback edition of a hard cover book, that was repurposed content. Here are 7 tips on the ways you can start with an original idea, and repurpose your content to serve the needs of many more people around the world.
- Start by writing down the idea you want to convey to others. This can be your message, your area of expertise, or simply material that you wish to offer to others for their benefit.
- Write a short blog post that expresses this idea. Many people enjoy searching for blogs that are discussing the topic that have an interest in learning about.
- Expand this blog post into an article. You can include tips and give more details in your article, making it a good resource for information on your topic to the readers that will find it. Submit your article to the largest article directories so that the most people possible will have a chance to read what you have written. You have now repurposed your original content into two different forms.
- Make an audio recording of your information. You can provide it to people as an mp3 file or on a CD.
- Record a short video where you talk about your material. The video can be as short as 30 seconds to two minutes, and will reach even more people.
- Write a longer version of your article and prepare a short report. This can be anywhere from three to twenty pages.
- Other people will want to have your exact same content, repurposed in another way. For example, someone may want to read your eBook and then listen to it on their mp3 player as well.
Repurpose your content and you will be able to expand your audience significantly and serve people with various needs and styles of learning.